When I started recording Gentlemen Discussing Vidya, I asked one Mr. Mike Arvela if we could borrow one of his songs to use as the theme tune for the podcast. He very kindly agreed. I am eternally grateful to him, because I didn’t want to write my own music – at that point I thought the podcast might last 2 or 3 episodes at most, and I wasn’t really interested in going to all the effort of writing a theme tune for it.
Well, we’ve apparently lasted for 34. The time has come. So have yourselves a listen and tell me what you think in the comments.
I am going to miss Mr. Arvela’s remix of the Matlock theme tune, and I don’t think there will ever be an interpretation (of that song, or of any song) quite as good. But dangit, we need to stop leeching of other people who are more talented that I. Sorry, Benny Goodman. If it’s any consolation, you’re dead, and I don’t think that ‘borrowing’ music from dead people should be illegal.
The song is supposed to sound seedy and maybe a little bit hip hoppity. I reuse an old motif from my unreleased soundtrack to the game ‘Hatman’. Would anyone here like to rap over the closing credits for me? I have reserved you a little section from around 0:40 to 1:20. We could even have a different person do it every week! No, I don’t care how white you are.
Catsman is late, so the Gentlemen discuss third-party Xbox controllers, Tuscan whole milk, COD Mega Bloks, Broken Age, VR, and boner.com.
- 54:00 – Actual start of the podcast and the news
- 1:20:53 – Greenlight watch
- 1:26:10 – Broken Age
- 1:43:00 – Any other business
- 1:57:08 – Tuscan Whole Milk review by Edgar
- 2:03:28 – Vidya Top Picks
- 2:16:50 – Kickstarter Watch
- 2:28:04 – Actual end of podcast
The GWA season 2 finale is a month away, give or take, and I want to do a group sing of the ending theme to play at the end of the show. All you gotta do is send me an audio file or a vocaroo of you singing this song.
Here are the lyrics.
I’m not stingy about how good your singing voice is, all I ask is to be on key and on rhythm so I can sync you up to the other singers. If you want to give a little shout-out or something during the interludes, go ahead.
Spoke with Happyman. Podcast is now usual time. Huzzah!
I may still be unavailable for future podcasts, but that’s more a function of how difficult electromagnetism is. We will be trying to sort out a consistent recording time, but it probably won’t be sunday.
EDIT: At the behest of the Wrecking Crew, the recording has been moved to Friday the 24th.
When I say late, we’re talking evening (GMT). I’d like to move that we start the recording around 6PM. I would like to host and edit this podcast if possible. That’s 1PM in New York time, 10AM in Washington time, and 7PM if you’re from europe (or 8+ if you’re in eastern europe I guess). These are the times Wolfram Alpha gave me and you should verify yourselves that they are correct.
Tell me if you have any objections to this time in a comment. Hope to see you there!
- [2p] Themadvillainy vs. Doctorkoopa / Singles match
- [3p] El Taquito, Mao & Jillbore vs. Corporate Union / Six Man Tag Team Match
- [5p] LordRamal vs. Murdoc / King of the Ring Semifinals Match
- [2p] RudeBootie vs. Everdark / Tables match
- [5p] MD vs. Boigahs / King of the Ring Semifinals Match
- [2p] Still Alive PI vs. YouTube Money Inc. (Hexler & Narc) / Tag Team Match
- [5p] Kristen (c) vs. Danica Patrick / GLAdies Championship Match
- [6p] Winner of #3 vs. winner of #5 / King of the Ring Finals Steel Cage Match
- [3p] Dragaroth (c) vs. WesWee vs. Kingofjibs vs. Rustyheadphones vs. Jambalayabob vs. Fallout Man / Six-Pack Challenge to determine the final Jabroni Champion
- [7p] Shadow Dom (c) vs. Forrestdumps vs. Hoffymann / Triple Threat Match for the GWA Championship
The point values for correct guesses are listed before each match. Post your predicted winners in the comments. In total, King of the Ring is worth 35 points!
The Gentlemen discuss the beautiful trainwreck that was VGX, and their favorite and least favorite games of the 7th generation.
This episode was edited by SeanieSkyKiller.