Gentlemen, please prepare for a test of gastric fortitude like no other – an eating competition between GLA stalwart Happyman and regular liar and scoundrel Animitch. Who will win? Who will lose? Will anybody win? Does anybody win in a competition like this?
Here are the rules: two contestants, 20 foods. Each food is allocated a single digit. A twenty-sided die is rolled 3 times. The items that come up are combined into one culinary abomination. Both contestants must eat the abomination at the same time. The first person to surrender or puke is the loser.
- Whipped cream
- Curry paste
- Baked beans
- Scotch eggs
- Olive cheddar
- Cheese spread
- Tuna paste
- Black pudding
- Pickled onions
- Kelloggs Fruit Winders
- Cheesy balls
- Cheese dip
- Surstromming\Peanut butter
Because of the notoriously awful stench of Surstromming, if it is rolled it will be opened, eaten by itself with no combinations, then thrown away and replaced with peanut butter.
We are letting YOU fine people predict the outcome of the match. The prediction categories are
- Who will win?
- How many rounds will they go?
- Pick the 3 foods you think will be the game winning combination.
The loser of the contest will buy the betting winner a Steam game under 20 euros.
We will be streaming some video games from 5PM British Summer Time onwards, and we will have the eating competition as an intermission at around 7PM. Please be there, as both participants will be making great personal sacrifices.
Hello! First, it would help Happyman if you could fill out this survey, which we forgot to attach to the last podcast.
Second, let me clear up some confusion about Twitch rules:
- Twitch’s rules of conduct are located here.
- If Twitch have said that a game is not allowed to be streamed, then please do not stream it. It doesn’t matter if you personally disagree with the rule, it’s their service and it’s their rule.
- The GLA is not moving to Hitbox or any other Twitch competitor. If we could move to a better service, we would, but Hitbox et al are not comparable services and GLA would not be able to function properly on those services.
- If you break Twitch’s rules, I will permanently disable your stream key with no warning. Starting now.
Sorry, but making sure that our Twitch overlords are satisfied is my #1 priority, and all ideological priorities come below that. Thanks for understanding.
If you’re unsure as to whether you should stream a game on Twitch, you can always ask Twitch yourself. If you want to stream an ‘unstreamable’ game, then use GLA After Dark. Hit me up on steam or by email (email@example.com) for access, if you don’t have it.
Also, I have been busy this weekend (and am still very busy right now). But I still have a few stream keys to regenerate, please bear with me, I really really need some sleep right now.
PS: BONGFEST 2015 HYPE
Hello all we have been hard at work to create a new server for you all.
SURPRISE its another Minecraft server……
we have set it up to be different than the previous servers in that this one will be dedicated to playing competitive and co-op maps.
No bullshit mods, no starting from scratch just fun adventure with friends. (and also you may use a pirated copy of the game)
Just connect to [18.104.22.168:10050] to start playing, just be aware you need a 1.7.2 version of Minecraft to connect.
the first map we have uploaded is From Ashes. An adventure that tasks you to explore a deserted island, solve puzzles and conquer dungeons in order to find coloured blocks of wool, only when all wool blocks are gathered and placed in the central monument will the final secret reveal itself.
The server is live right now and ready to be played on so go ahead and get exploring.
we are also going to be organizing competitive events in the near future and offer fabulous prizes to the winners so watch this space for more updates.
WhYXQgaWYgd▯▯▯GhlcmUgaXMgbm▯▯▯▯▯8gdGltZT8gV2haGRDQnBaaUJKSjIwZ2I=m9▯0IGFsaXZ▯lPyBXaHkgZGl▯▯▯▯▯▯kIHNoZSBseave without sa▯ing any▯hi▯g? Who acmUgeW91PyBXaGF0I▯▯HRpb▯WU▯gaXMgaXQ/IFdoeSB▯kb2VeklITm9aU0J6Ykc=FwPyBJJ3ZlIG5lver l▯v▯d.▯▯here▯▯re so▯▯any taGluZ▯▯▯▯3MgSSd2ZSBuZXZlciBkb25lL▯▯▯▯▯▯iBJIGNhbid0IGZhd▯GhvbS4gSSBjYW4ndCByZWFkLg== I ca▯▯t f▯ar▯▯▯▯hy c▯▯▯t I▯s▯▯ my ▯egs? V2h▯hdCBhcmUgeW91IG▯▯▯▯▯UnZhVzVuSUhSdklHaGxjajhnVjBoQlZDQkI=▯▯▯▯▯▯▯UkUgWU9▯VIERP▯ING▯T▯ ▯ER?
I am writing to let you know that there may have been unauthorized access to some GLA user account information.
For your protection, I have personally banned Fish Heads from chat twice, maybe three times, and also the word ‘password’ from the chat. Additionally, if you type your password in chat or on this blog, it will appear as a series of asterisks. For example: the GLA master password is *******.
I hope that this measure will ensure that the stolen passwords will not spread around.
The hardworking staff behind the GLA have worked hard to cryptographically secure all user data as hard as possible. It is hardly cryptographically encrypted onto a 512mb USB drive shaped like a humping dog. I may or may not have
lost it sold it loaned it to a guy called Mike who promised to get it back to me by tomorrow. However, I now have reason to believe that Mike’s intentions were not pure and noble.
Do not fear. All of your passwords and stored credit card details (from your auto-renewing GLA gold accounts) have been encoded by a thus-far unbreakable algorithm known as Base64. Even to the most sophisticated human eye or sniffer dog, it just looks like a random bunch of junk, like somebody somehow found a way to combine Asda’s ‘Chosen by You’ Honey Numbers cereal with Alphabet Soup, without letting the Alphabet Soup go dry and the Honey Numbers go soggy. However, unlike Honey Numbers, Base64 is not made of corn. It is made of computers.
In addition, the following items appear to be missing from my basement vault:
- Catsman’s special chicken fried rice recipe
- A locket of BaronVonBadbeaver’s beard
- My signed AniMitch poster
- A top secret episode of Gentlemen Discussing Vidya that was never supposed to see the light of day
- My tray of unlabelled frozen sperm samples
- My tray of unlabelled frozen greek yogurt
- Most of Everdark’s fat (he is thin now)
- The mousemat with my face on it
- The last Mitsuru body pillow in the known universe
We also recommend that you change your password at any website where you use the same or a similar password. Remember to seal your doors and windows at night. Trust nobody. Remain indoors. Do not think about the incident. Do not look at the hooded figures in the dog park. We will communicate directly with affected users with additional details.
If you have any information about who might have been responsible for this, please come forward. Although I have not seen this person, I believe that they may look similar to the individual in this photograph.
As part of the twitch-wide data breach discussed in this here blog post, twitch have one again proved their relative incompetence by leaking a bunch of ‘cryptographically protected’ (their words, not mine, they better be salted or I’ll be mad) passwords, along with other user data. Apparently this extended to stream keys, because those also seem to have been reset for all users.
By the time you read this message, I will have sent keys to everyone who had a stream key previously, and also everyone on my list of current broadcasters. The algorithm that generates the keys is untouched. This means that, if I generate you a key for the same e-mail address you used previously, your current key will still work! If it a different key, you will need to fish it out of your email and input it into your streaming program.
If you had a GLA account, your stream key will have been sent\re-sent to that email address. Remember to check your spambox! If your current key has stopped working and you have not received new one yet, then please contact me immediately by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use the email account associated with your past GLA application so that I can verify your identity.
March 25th, 15.00 Eastern US / 20.00 UK / 21.00 Central Europe
- [3p] LordRamal vs. Angry Scotsman / KotR B-Block Semifinals
- [3p] Everdark vs. SquirrelLazer (c) / Tables Match, for the After Dark Championship
- [3p] Kingofjibs vs. Forrestdumps / KotR A-Block Finals
- [2p] Danica Patrick & Hexler vs. Kristen & Catsman / Mixed Tag Team Match
- [2p] Mix Master Mao vs. TBA / GWA Dream Fights
- [3p] The Tzardom (c) vs. The Metalheads / for the Tag Team Championships
- [3p] Scotsman or Ramal vs. Doddski / KotR B-Block Finals
- [3p] Manyfist (c) vs. Narc / for the Hardcore Championship
- [4p] A-Block Winner vs. B-Block Winner / KotR Grand Finals
- [4p] Tacoman (c) vs. Saltyoven / “Pirate’s Plunder” Ladder Match for the GWA World Heavyweight Championship
In total, the King of the Ring prediction game is worth 30 points!