I have not yet edited the most recent podcast. Sorry about that. I’ve had christmas, family events and friends around and I haven’t been able to find the time, especially with all the studying I have to do. From now until the middle of 2015.
To compensate, I’m doing two things. First, I’m opening up the floor to new podcast editors. For the longest time it was Happyman and I, but I realize that my inability to deliver not one, but TWO podcasts means I should stop volunteering when I have coursework\exams on the go.
So, do you have what it takes? Editing the podcast is a fairly simple job – cut out boring chatter, trim down silences, remove distracting\loud noises, and generally make the conversation tick away in a faster and more interesting fashion. You also write the summary AND name the episode. Your average podcast will end up around 20% shorter when you’re done editing. If you’d like, I can also give you some pointers on how to correctly edit and master audio.
If you’re interested in helping, please contact my email, firstname.lastname@example.org. I can send you the raw recording of the most recent (pre-christmas) podcast for you to edit.
Podcast Format Changes
Secondly, there’s going to be a reshuffling of the podcast format in order to reflect the changing needs of the complex society in what which we all do not currently live. Happyman and I have been shunting emails back and forth, and here’s some stuff we’ve decided.
- Game Book Club games will now be decided by a suggestion box and voting system, instead of on the podcast.
- Fanfiction hour is back and better than ever. I’ve already found a ton of hilarious and utterly distasteful fanfiction. In light of my diminishing role as podcast editor, I will be recording every fanfiction from now on.
- The ‘what have you been playing’ segment is officially ousted, replaced by a more general ‘any other business’ segment.
- The ‘top vidya picks’ segment will have some small alterations made to it.
- We may experiment with shorter ‘Gather Your Podcast’ style episodes.
- We will no longer be allowing late-goers onto the podcast, unless you have a very good reason (e.g. you’re still coming back from work when we start recording, you have a piano recital, you have tuberculosis.) Sorry, but late people generally end up adding too many voices to the mix.
That’s all I have to say. Please moan at me in the comments and please, PLEASE, volunteer yourself for podcast editing. Happyman and I both have a lot of stuff on our collective crockery right now and could really use the help.