The only podcast made from 99% pure sausages
Every once in a while, the GLA holds a podcast in which we (often begrudgingly) talk about the latest gaming news, play fun games (often quizzes related to video game trivia) and bicker amongst ourselves. Many of our episodes also feature top-notch readings of terrible fan-fiction! You can download all the episodes for free below, or check us out on iTunes, Youtube, or by good ‘ole RSS.
If you want to be a part of the podcast, then check in with us at our discord for details on when the next recording date\time is. You’ll need mumble and a decent mic. Recording takes place on our mumble server.
This week – Catsman, Happyman, Jillbore, LordRamal, MD122, Mix Master Mao, Mooglepies, Nooblet, Seanie and Tacoman discuss the Xbox One, Monster Party, Curiosity, E3 predictions and blood pools. Plus, a sensual L4D fanfiction.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:55 – News
- 50:03 – Xbone news
- 1:04:11 – Video Game Book Club
- 1:15:37 – Comments section
- 1:29:16 – What have you been playing? And AOB
- 2:02:20 – Fanfiction
The gentlemen discuss video game music, the DS’s library, faking disability for profit, Bob’s Game, shifty marketers, and the lack of child NPCs in video games. Also, a Sonic the Hedgehog triangle drama.
- Intro [00:00:00]
- Comments Section [00:02:30]
- Top Vidya Picks [00:09:28]
- Fuse, Metro: Last Light, RE: Revelations
- Game Book Club [00:22:04]
- Mahboyy talking about Starcraft [00:29:05]
- What have you been playing? [00:37:54]
- The News [00:57:40]
- Turkish sociologist declares that all children with autism are atheists and atheism is a form of autism
- Nintendo skipping out on major E3 press conference
- Streamer fakes disability for money
- Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console
- Insomniac Games responds to Fuse criticism
- Microsoft to reveal EA partnership at next Xbox event
- Skyrim Theme comes 5th in Classic FM’s UK Radio
- Game Dev Tycoon
- DS production stops
- TF2 with Oculus Rift
- We chat about Metroid for a while
- Fanfiction Hour [02:12:15]
- Untitled Sonic fanfic written in comments section of another Sonic fanfic
- Outro [2:18:24]
In the funkiest episode of GDV yet, the gentlemen discuss LucasArts, Space Jam remixes, dumb nerds voting in polls, Macho Man Randy Savage and outdated slang words.
LucasArts shut down:
Kotaku’s Guacamelee coverage:
Worst Company In America:
Microsoft Twitter Man:
Catsman, Doddski, Evilagram, Happyman, Juju, Ramal, Moogle, Seanie and Xevrex discuss Kawaii guns, John Spaghettio, Shenmue 3, Civ 5, PETA, microtransaction bullshit and retractable beards. Plus, permanent bologna organs.
Wake up sheeple!
MORTICIANS HATE HER! Single mother from Morton-on-the-Marsh discovers secret to immortality! Click here to learn her secret!
Join Gentlemen Discussing Vidya for a special conspiracy-flavoured episode, as we uncover the truth that’s literally right there, and has conveniently been uncovered by a series of cryptic-but-solvable clues. Catsman, Happyman, Juju, Ramal, Mahboyy, Reinbach, Seanie and Yay feature in this action-packed conspiracy spectacular.
Happyman’s poor moderating skills the podcast’s one-year anniversary, it’s an extra-long episode featuring discussion of THQ’s auctions, creepy nerds, greedy businessmen and rad cars. Also, a saucy read starring the President of the United States. With Catsman, Doddski, Happyman, Juju, K, Reinbach, Tacoman and Wes.
Nerds want Obama to pull DMC from shelves
THQ auction update
Lightning carrying the adventure solo as Final Fantasy’s ‘first female protagonist’
Dead Space 3 Microtransactions
Sony teases something
Sanic Racing Shogun Car
This week, on Gentlemen Discussing Vidya – Devil May Cry, QUAD-A GAMING, gay planets, dismembered zombie torsos, the Steambox, Pogeymon, and some truly abominable kickstarters. With Catsman, Funk, Happyman, Juju, Ramalori, Seanie and Charismatic Tzar.