The only podcast made from 99% pure sausages
Every once in a while, the GLA holds a podcast in which we (often begrudgingly) talk about the latest gaming news, play fun games (often quizzes related to video game trivia) and bicker amongst ourselves. Many of our episodes also feature top-notch readings of terrible fan-fiction! You can download all the episodes for free below, or check us out on iTunes, Youtube, or by good ‘ole RSS.
If you want to be a part of the podcast, then check in with us at our discord for details on when the next recording date\time is. You’ll need mumble and a decent mic. Recording takes place on our mumble server.
The gentlemen discuss Space Funeral, millions of dollars, Trespasser and Sonic the Hedgehog. Dodds was asleep during the recording, so Catsman pokes him a lot to get him to make a noise.
- 0:46 – Intro
- 1:24 – Comments
- 14:28 – Game Book Club: Space Funeral
- 32:12 – What have you been playing?
- 1:00:51 – News
- 1:21:19 – Catsman’s Conundrum and nonsense
- 2:02:28 – Outro
The next game book club game is Magical Doropie for the NES.
EDIT: Updated 03/09/2013 with a new edit. Cold open + post credits + different music + audio mastering + 20-25 minutes cut
A spectacular reboot special – the gentlemen discuss next generation woes, EVO, the Steam summer sale, Phil Fish, Super Mario Land 2, and hole diggin’. Plus, Happyman recieves a Deadly Premonition… fanfiction.
- 3:56 – Opening
- 5:41 – News
1:28:27 – Catsman’s Conundrum: worst game mechanic\feature?
1:42:22 – The Top Vidya Picks
1:51:54 – Book Club: Mario Land 2
2:24:28 – What have you been playing?
2:36:34 – Comments and any other business
2:54:48 – Fanfiction (a possibly lethal hunch)
- References to borrowing\lending games found in steam data
- EA prices themselves out of the market
- Mark Cenry says PS4 will invigorate the indie scene
- Microsoft: shame on us for Xbone messaging
- Deus Ex: The Fall – you can’t fire on jailbroken devices
- Earthbound on Virtual Console
- Steam summer sale discussion
- Game freak teases new game, turns out to be horse solitaire
- Phil Fish cancells Fez 2, smells own farts
The gentlemen discuss Elevator Source, death row, T-Rexes, porn aliases, Fire Emblem, huge raccoon nuts, and Double Fine’s budgeting. Featuring an intro by Ryan Drees, voice of the greatest fictional hot dog man in the world.
The Book Club game for next episode is Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins! Please contribute with your thoughts on this badass game.
- Intro [00:02:09]
- Comments Section [00:06:49]
- Game Book Club – Elevator: Source [00:15:12]
- Top Vidya Picks [00:25:03]
- The News [00:32:46]
What have you been playing? [00:47:40]
Kickstarter Watch – Double Fine Adventure Update[01:38:05]
- Don Mattrick jumps ship
- Curiosity winner’s cameo will be time limited
- Games with Gold
- Texas teen still in jail over League of Legends argument
This week – Catsman, Evilagram, Funk, Happyman, Ibanez, Jambalya Bob, Mike, Mitch, Mooglepies, Sef and Yay discuss 2013’s disastrous E3, featuring the press conferences of Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, EA and Ubisoft. Plus, Moonwalker and the season finale of Vidya Top Picks!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 6:38 – Microsoft’s conference
- 53:31 – Nintendo’s conference
- 1:40:11 – Sony’s conference
- 2:24:00 – EA’s conference
- 2:43:45 – Ubisoft
- 2:54:54 – The Video Game Book Club – with Moonwalker
- 3:07:50 – Vidya Top Picks – Season Finale
This week – Catsman, Happyman, Jillbore, LordRamal, MD122, Mix Master Mao, Mooglepies, Nooblet, Seanie and Tacoman discuss the Xbox One, Monster Party, Curiosity, E3 predictions and blood pools. Plus, a sensual L4D fanfiction.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:55 – News
- 50:03 – Xbone news
- 1:04:11 – Video Game Book Club
- 1:15:37 – Comments section
- 1:29:16 – What have you been playing? And AOB
- 2:02:20 – Fanfiction
The gentlemen discuss video game music, the DS’s library, faking disability for profit, Bob’s Game, shifty marketers, and the lack of child NPCs in video games. Also, a Sonic the Hedgehog triangle drama.
- Intro [00:00:00]
- Comments Section [00:02:30]
- Top Vidya Picks [00:09:28]
- Fuse, Metro: Last Light, RE: Revelations
- Game Book Club [00:22:04]
- Mahboyy talking about Starcraft [00:29:05]
- What have you been playing? [00:37:54]
- The News [00:57:40]
- Turkish sociologist declares that all children with autism are atheists and atheism is a form of autism
- Nintendo skipping out on major E3 press conference
- Streamer fakes disability for money
- Earthbound is coming to Virtual Console
- Insomniac Games responds to Fuse criticism
- Microsoft to reveal EA partnership at next Xbox event
- Skyrim Theme comes 5th in Classic FM’s UK Radio
- Game Dev Tycoon
- DS production stops
- TF2 with Oculus Rift
- We chat about Metroid for a while
- Fanfiction Hour [02:12:15]
- Untitled Sonic fanfic written in comments section of another Sonic fanfic
- Outro [2:18:24]
In the funkiest episode of GDV yet, the gentlemen discuss LucasArts, Space Jam remixes, dumb nerds voting in polls, Macho Man Randy Savage and outdated slang words.
LucasArts shut down:
Kotaku’s Guacamelee coverage:
Worst Company In America:
Microsoft Twitter Man: