Hey mi amigos. We have a new GLA Minecraft server in the planning however that is only if there are actually people interested in one.
I would kindly ask people to comment and let us know if you are interested in a minecraft server and hopefully atleast semi regularily playing in it.
Everdark out! SAYONARA SCRUBLORDS.
A spectacular reboot special – the gentlemen discuss next generation woes, EVO, the Steam summer sale, Phil Fish, Super Mario Land 2, and hole diggin’. Plus, Happyman recieves a Deadly Premonition… fanfiction.
- 3:56 – Opening
- 5:41 – News
1:28:27 – Catsman’s Conundrum: worst game mechanic\feature?
1:42:22 – The Top Vidya Picks
1:51:54 – Book Club: Mario Land 2
2:24:28 – What have you been playing?
2:36:34 – Comments and any other business
2:54:48 – Fanfiction (a possibly lethal hunch)
- References to borrowing\lending games found in steam data
- EA prices themselves out of the market
- Mark Cenry says PS4 will invigorate the indie scene
- Microsoft: shame on us for Xbone messaging
- Deus Ex: The Fall – you can’t fire on jailbroken devices
- Earthbound on Virtual Console
- Steam summer sale discussion
- Game freak teases new game, turns out to be horse solitaire
- Phil Fish cancells Fez 2, smells own farts
Basically, I told Adobe Audition to save the file and it just… didn’t. It only saved the first 48 minutes of a 3 hour edit. I’d estimate I’ve lost at least 6 hours of work, if not more, and I have to go to Leeds tomorrow so I don’t have time to re-edit it. I had the entire thing edited and was onto the mastering stage.
I’d like to apologize for the inconvenience, and also take this time to curse Adobe for making such fucking shit software.
July 28th, 3PM BST\10AM EDT\7AM PDT\4PM eurotime. This is what Wolfram says, but these times might be off by an hour or two due to daylight savings. Make sure to double-check what the time is in your local time, and if you give me corrections I will alter that.
Starting with this podcast, I will be limiting the maximum number of participants in podcasts to 7 people. I feel like the quality of the podcasts has suffered simply because there are too many people trying to talk at once, and often the quieter of us get drowned out or interrupted and don’t get a chance to speak. If more than 7 people join then I’ll see if we can work out amongst ourselves who has the best chemistry, and potentially kick some people off. Sorry in advance for this but it’s my hope that it will make for a better podcast.
The gentlemen discuss Elevator Source, death row, T-Rexes, porn aliases, Fire Emblem, huge raccoon nuts, and Double Fine’s budgeting. Featuring an intro by Ryan Drees, voice of the greatest fictional hot dog man in the world.
The Book Club game for next episode is Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins! Please contribute with your thoughts on this badass game.
- Intro [00:02:09]
- Comments Section [00:06:49]
- Game Book Club – Elevator: Source [00:15:12]
- Top Vidya Picks [00:25:03]
- The News [00:32:46]
What have you been playing? [00:47:40]
Kickstarter Watch – Double Fine Adventure Update[01:38:05]
- Don Mattrick jumps ship
- Curiosity winner’s cameo will be time limited
- Games with Gold
- Texas teen still in jail over League of Legends argument
Please reset your passwords as soon as Twitch.tv comes back online. Your stream key has also been reset – I don’t know if you will have been sent a new one via email or whether I will have to manually add everyone back on the list. If it turns out the latter is true, you can email me at email@example.com and I will send one out right away.
Twitch’s official story is that a mishap with their CDN provider caused sensitive information (such as passwords and stream keys) to be cached and sent to people’s browsers by mistake. There are several things wrong with this story:
1) Why would the CDN provider and twitch be making huge, sweeping changes to the live site without first testing them on a testing server?
2) Why would the CDN provider be caching stream keys when they’re used exclusively in software such as Xsplit and OBS?
The answer: they’re bullshitting us. They were very obviously hacked. Thanks Twitch. Apparently the chaos that ensued last night is proof enough of that.
PS: Elevator source, this sunday at 3PMBST\10AM EDT\7AM PDT\4PM eurotime.
This week – Catsman, Evilagram, Funk, Happyman, Ibanez, Jambalya Bob, Mike, Mitch, Mooglepies, Sef and Yay discuss 2013’s disastrous E3, featuring the press conferences of Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, EA and Ubisoft. Plus, Moonwalker and the season finale of Vidya Top Picks!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 6:38 – Microsoft’s conference
- 53:31 – Nintendo’s conference
- 1:40:11 – Sony’s conference
- 2:24:00 – EA’s conference
- 2:43:45 – Ubisoft
- 2:54:54 – The Video Game Book Club – with Moonwalker
- 3:07:50 – Vidya Top Picks – Season Finale