I have not yet edited the most recent podcast. Sorry about that. I’ve had christmas, family events and friends around and I haven’t been able to find the time, especially with all the studying I have to do. From now until the middle of 2015.
To compensate, I’m doing two things. First, I’m opening up the floor to new podcast editors. For the longest time it was Happyman and I, but I realize that my inability to deliver not one, but TWO podcasts means I should stop volunteering when I have coursework\exams on the go.
So, do you have what it takes? Editing the podcast is a fairly simple job – cut out boring chatter, trim down silences, remove distracting\loud noises, and generally make the conversation tick away in a faster and more interesting fashion. You also write the summary AND name the episode. Your average podcast will end up around 20% shorter when you’re done editing. If you’d like, I can also give you some pointers on how to correctly edit and master audio.
If you’re interested in helping, please contact my email, firstname.lastname@example.org. I can send you the raw recording of the most recent (pre-christmas) podcast for you to edit.
Podcast Format Changes
Secondly, there’s going to be a reshuffling of the podcast format in order to reflect the changing needs of the complex society in what which we all do not currently live. Happyman and I have been shunting emails back and forth, and here’s some stuff we’ve decided.
- Game Book Club games will now be decided by a suggestion box and voting system, instead of on the podcast.
- Fanfiction hour is back and better than ever. I’ve already found a ton of hilarious and utterly distasteful fanfiction. In light of my diminishing role as podcast editor, I will be recording every fanfiction from now on.
The ‘what have you been playing’ segment is officially ousted, replaced by a more general ‘any other business’ segment.
- The ‘top vidya picks’ segment will have some small alterations made to it.
- We may experiment with shorter ‘Gather Your Podcast’ style episodes.
- We will no longer be allowing late-goers onto the podcast, unless you have a very good reason (e.g. you’re still coming back from work when we start recording, you have a piano recital, you have tuberculosis.) Sorry, but late people generally end up adding too many voices to the mix.
That’s all I have to say. Please moan at me in the comments and please, PLEASE, volunteer yourself for podcast editing. Happyman and I both have a lot of stuff on our collective crockery right now and could really use the help.
Howdy all, I just thought I’d drop in and tell you that I want to have another podcast recorded by this time next week. I’ll be scanning the airwaves at all the regular timeslots (3PM GMT and sometimes 6PM GMT) between friday and monday, so keep your eyes peeled for steam announcements, tweets, notifications in the stream chat or steam messages directed at you.
The reason I’m calling a podcast early is because I have a lot of studying to do this holiday, so I want to get the podcast done fast. If you’d like to volunteer to sit my exams for me then I may be willing to reschedule.
Miscellaneous announcements: by default, I don’t give dashboard access to new streamers. If you have a stream key and want dash access, PLEASE message me on steam or email me, and DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW THIS CHANNEL ON TWITCH.TV OR IT WILL NOT LET ME ADD YOU.
- Boigahs [c] vs. Catsman vs. Sef vs. Animitch vs. MD vs. Mooglepies / Elimination Chamber for the After Dark Championship
- Ghost Cops & Baron vs. Beauty and the Beat & A New Challenger / Six Man Tag Team Match
- Rustyheadphones [c] vs. Dragaroth / Jabroni Championship Match
- Waifu Warriors [c] vs. Gentlerangers / Co-op Championship Match
- Kristen [c] vs. Kukuxumushu vs. Robynn vs. Tigerwolf Vix vs. Laserkittymewmew / Elimination Chamber for the GLAdies Championship
- Forrestdumps vs. Everdark & Jambalayabob / Handicap tag match for the Masked Man’s freedom
- Shadow Dom [c] vs. Murdoc vs. Mashakosha vs. Manyfist vs. Hexler vs. Hoffymann / Elimination Chamber for the GWA Championship
Post your predicted winners in the comments. Correctly guessed Elimination Chamber matches are worth 8 points, and all other matches are worth 4. In total, Elimination Chamber is worth 40 points!
The Gentlemen discuss Maldita Castilla, Christmas themed games, Christmas release games (there are none), Black Friday, Twitch shenanigans, and ｎｅｘｔ ｇｅｎ.
[00:02:30] – Intro
[00:03:36] – Comments
[00:08:38] – Book Club: Maldita Castilla
[00:22:35] – Christmas games
[00:24:29] – News and non-news
[01:25:00] – Top vidya picks
[01:30:35] – What have you been playing?
[01:52:16] – Outro
- Fiendishkitty (c) vs. Kristen vs. Laserkittymewmew – GLAdies Championship Ladder Match
- The Cat & Dodd Connection and Mooglepies vs. HazWee and Raddyman – Six Man Tag Team Match
- Forrestdumps vs. Seanie – Singles Match
- Hoffymann & Animitch vs. Hexler & MD – Tag Team Match
- Mashakosha (c) vs. Boigahs – After Dark Championship Match
- Rusty vs. Kingofjibs (c) – Jabroni Championship 10-minute Ironman Match
- Waifu Warriors (c) vs. Corporate Union – Co-op Championship Match
- Tacoman vs. Dom (c) – GWA Championship Match
Post your predicted winners in the comments. Correctly guessed non-title matches are worth 2 points, title matches are worth 3 and the GWA title match is worth 5. See you Sunday, bubba. /Happyman
According to twitch tv’s new rules, under no circumstances are you allowed to post, or discuss, the following emoticon:
Or the circumstances by which it became a twitch emoticon. Doing so is punishable by a visit from the internet police.
PS: Fur give and fur get, that’s what I say.
The Gentlemen discuss Ken Levine’s morals, bad Kickstarters, Dodds stories, Pokemon, asymmetrical horror games and anime girl slapping simulators.
5:24 – Comments and game book club
19:29 – The news
48:43 – Next book club game – Maldita Castilla!
51:45 – What have you been playing?
1:14:05 – Kickstarter Watch
1:32:41 – Top Vidya Picks
1:40:54 – Podcast increases in entropy