Wanna know what the problem was? Server ran out of memory. All 512mb of the stuff. Maybe I should invest in more.
Status update on the podcast: I will try and record on Monday evening, and again on Tuesday evening – this will be at around 6PM BST. This weekend or next weekend is the weekend when the clocks go back or forward or something, so to avoid confusion I’ll be making announcements on the GLA steam group an hour in advance. You can also add me on Steam, and (if I remember) I’ll shoot you a message if we need more men (good mic required – if you’ve never podcasted before, now’s a good time to start!)
An update on getting banned from twitch:
If you’re reading this, you probably don’t want to get the channel banned. How can you help?
1) If you see someone streaming something that’s against the rules, hit me up on steam or send me an email and I’ll look into it. That way, I can remove the offending stream key and we won’t get banned from twitch. I may also be giving another person the power to do this in the future. This channel is pretty much on its last warning as it is (we’re dangerous and subversive!), so one more strike and we’re pretty much out. Additionally, twitch is the only service that really does many-people-to-one-channel streaming anymore, so we’re kind of screwed if we get removed.
2) Don’t stream content that breaks the Twitch rules of conduct! If you’re not sure whether you should stream something or not, you can always contact twitch support and ask. If you want to stream something that’s not allowed on twitch, then remember that we run a livestream channel just for that! They’re generally pretty lax. And when I say that, I mean they’re utterly, utterly indifferent. Again, shoot me an email\steam message and I’ll forward you the login details.
That’s all for now. Remember to get in on the podcast recording this week! I’m looking for people who haven’t been in a podcast before, which is why the timeslot changed.
EDIT: Access to our channel has been reinstated. I have removed the streamer who got us banned. Please, remember to adhere to the Twitch Rules\TOS!
As you might be aware, the Twitch channel has been banned due to misuse. A user (who I won’t name) used the channel to stream ‘a rape movie’ on the main channel while I was in a lecture.
Anyway, I wanted to update here: I’ve sent Twitch an appeal for the ban, so we’ll have to see what they say. In the meantime, streams will continue as per usual on our ye olde Livestream channel. If you’re a member of our stream team already, I can approve you for broadcasting on the livestream channel – just message me on Steam or leave a comment below.
I’d like to remind all of our broadcasters (all but one of which don’t need reminding) of the Twitch Rules of Conduct that we absolutely, indisputably broke. Well, unless twitch decide not to unban the channel, in which case I’d like to remind you of the rules of conduct of some other website.
Money in the Bank, the first event of the new GWA season. You know how this works: Try to predict the match winners and get points that are accumulated all throughout the season, deciding a winner after the season finale in August. The scores have been reset from the last season, so the playing field is even.
- [2p] Angry Scotsman vs. Doctorkoopa / Singles Match
- [2p] B-Ball Brothers vs. Beauty and the Beat / Tag Team Match
- [2p] Mix Master Mao vs. WesWee / Singles Match
- [4p] SquirrelLazer (c) vs. Kingofjibs / After Dark Championship Match
- [4p] Kristen (c) vs. Laserkittymewmew / GLAdies Championship
- [6p] Debrel vs. Animitch vs. Everdark vs. Themadvillainy vs. Hexler vs. LordRamal / Money in the Bank Ladder Match
- [5p] Murdoc vs. El Taquito / Mask vs. Hair Match
- [5p] Hoffymann (c) vs. MD / GWA Championship Ladder Match
In total, Money in the Bank is worth 30 points!
Please tell me which days\times you can and can’t do, and I’ll announce a date and time for the recording at a later point, rightabouts here.
Are you one of those people who isn’t ever on the podcast? What a shames on you. I implore you to join us in Mumble for our recording. Yes, I’m talking specifically to you. You know who you are, you bastard.
A Family Feud themed episode, with all of your favorite participants, and Mao. Plus: can animals be black people? The opinions that nobody wanted to hear.
The next Book Club game STILL is Yo! Noid on the NES. Don’t listen to the other suckas on the podcast, it’s actually a good game. /Happyman
Answer our survey for a chance to screw over one of our participants with your inane answer
So as it so happens, I’m leaving in 2 days. For 2 years. And I won’t have the opportunity for recreational use of the internet. Or the opportunity to celebrate my birthday on Friday in my own home.
As it comes to me to explain this, it’s pretty simple.
I’m a Mormon. I chose this of my free will because I thought it was important, because I really and truly believe that this church helps people in ways that nothing else can. I chose this way because I wanted to serve people and learn to love a new people. And stuff like that. If you want to like ask me about it and stuff, you can feel free to mail and email me. But we’ll get to that part later.
As to where I’m going, I’m being sent to Sacramento California Spanish Speaking. But in two days, I’m being sent to Mexico City to the MTC down there. To learn Spanish. Hoping the food is good.
So there you have it. I’m going to miss you guys. And producing music. Also videogames. Less so the last one, but you know, whatever. I’ll be back one day, I promise. It’d be nice to hear some bullshit from you guys once in a while, so I’m going to give you my mailing addresses because I’m not afraid of the internet. Please note that you can’t send packages to the MTC, because in Mexico, people steal packages all the time so it most likely will not make it to me. Also, be aware that I will be arriving in Sacramento on April 21st so I won’t receive your letters and stuff sent to there until then.
The addresses are as follows
Mexico MTC (don’t send packages)
Elder Emmett Hale Farnsworth-Guzman
California Sacramento Mission
México Missionary Training Center
Carretera Tenayuca-Chalmita #828
Colonia Zona Escolar, Gustavo A. Madero
07230 Mexico, Distrito Federal
Mailing Address to Mission Office (Can send letters and packages as of April 21st)
Elder Emmett Hale Farnsworth-Guzman
California Sacramento Mission
8267 Deseret Ave
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
So yeah, if you have some spare time and you’re thinking about how I’ll miss Barkley 2 or something like that, and it makes you sad, write me something. I’ll be happy to recieve any garbage that you write me.
- [2p] Gentlerangers vs. Corporate Union / Six Man Tag Team Match
- [2p] Mooglepies vs. Narc / Singles Match
- [2p] Cat & Dodd Connection vs. Ghost Cops / Tag Team Match
- [4p] Kristen (c) vs. Robynn vs. Fiendishkitty vs. Danica Patrick / GLAdies Championship 4-Way
- [4p] Murdoc vs. El Taquito / 2/3 Falls Match
- [4p] Kingofjibs vs. Sef (c) / After Dark Championship
- [5p] Mix Master Mao vs. LordRamal / Steel Cage Match
- [5p] Hoffymann (c) vs. Hexler / GWA Championship
- [6p] Everdark, Jambalayabob, Boigahs, The Masked Man and Shadow Dom vs. Tzar, Debrel, Scotsman, Jillbore and Forrestdumps / Ten Man Elimination Tag Team Match
Bonus questions (2p for each):
- How many announce tables will bite the dust during the show?
- In the main event, who will be the last man or men standing on the winning team?
- Will Twitch chat force us to move to the After Dark?
- Will Waluigi Pinball finally sync?
The point values for correct guesses are listed before each match. Post your predicted winners in the comments. In total, WinterBrawl is worth 42 points!